Sunday, July 22, 2018

Week 29 - 2018 in Photographs

Day 196

Another week of black and white. Maybe it is just a matter of a lack of snow and rains leading to a lack of flowers. Or that I have been receiving a lot of compliments on my black and white photos. Or that I have always loved exploring a subject or skill. Next week is back to color, and rains, and flowers blooming so there may well be a strong link. But there are reasons beyond those desaturate a color photograph.

Day 197

The fence which is the subject of Day 197 is just down the street. I walk past it frequently and have taken numerous photos of it but it is tied with red twine which always seems to not fit. Black and white seemed a perfect solution to that problem.

And the reflection in the rain water in the bar ditch was to interesting to not photograph but mud is not a good color.


Day 198

Day 199

The problem with Day 199 was so many things I choose to normally frame out of a photograph; telephone lines, road, and guard rail. All distractions to the fog in the trees and the falling down fence in the foreground. And taking the color away seemed to work.


Day 200

I have played with clouds in black and white for years so nothing new in photo 200. But the clouds in the opening photograph were at dawn. The colors of dawn seemed to take away from the texture and light in the clouds.

My sister is the queen of flowers in black and white. Me not so much. My flowers need their color. But I love the architecture of the thistle bud and colors in the out of focus background seemed to distract so I tried it in black and white.


Day 201

Day 202 was the photo I always intended to do in black and white. The ruins of the Eagle Nest Lodge through a break in a lush green forest so doing it without color seemed a contradiction but from the moment I snapped the first photograph I saw it without all that green. Black and white is more mysterious.


Day 202

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.