Sunday, July 21, 2019

What to Print - Choices

Wilted Beauty

 Not every photograph is a winner. But the beauty of photography is it serves so many different levels like memories, internet posts, inspiration for paintings, and some actually get printed and hung on walls. And there is even a level on that last. I do print and hang some of my photography on my own walls because they speak to me.

My photography is showcased in a couple local businesses. Lately Enchanted Circle Brewing as sold several of my photographs off their walls. Which means I have to replace what is sold. Ergo I need to select photos to have printed. And the third annual Angel Fire Studio Tour is in the future; September 29 and 30. My studio walls need new photographs.


Mountain View

The tourists love landscapes of the area they are visiting so what I print has to include a few of those. But all my landscapes are not necessary views of Angel Fire and Black Lake areas. But most are New Mexico. And a few could be any country road inviting you to walk in the quiet.


Country Road

Or hear the distant thunder and smell the rain.

Summer Rain

But always popular are the old trucks.


Blue Chevy

Smile

Big Red

But some decisions on what to print are done based on spaces to fill on my studio walls, the brewery or the walls of the possible owner. I am always looking for an engaging vertical composition.

Tres Amigos

Black Jack's

And in the process of doing this blog I know I have to look for more verticals.

What doesn't get printed large on canvas may become a part of my art note cards. Flowers rival trucks for note card sales.

Dancing Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.