Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Poetic Journey - Just One of Those Days



Just One of Those Days

I had one of those days
Of which of late there have been too many
A morning too full of reality
The need to be real and present
Too imperative.

The child in me wanted to run away
Down some White Rabbit hole
To the other side of the looking glass
Erase myself like a Cheshire Cat
Goodbye cruel world, so long
You just think Alice used to live here.

The canyons of my mind called to me
Whispered of places
I would rather be
Trails I would prefer to walk
Away from this boring reality
Away from here to just anywhere.

I tried to be strong
Kept on keeping on
Promised myself an escape
To the Mad Hatter's Tea Party
When all this worldly stuff was done
Just me and fantasy.

I had one of those mornings
That stretched into a day and another
One of those weeks I am increasingly less fond of
Business demanded my undivided attention
Behind me the White Rabbit called.

I'm late
Oh, so very late
I have this date, my child cried
With my muse, my paints
To dream and create.

I had one of those days
Oh, I pray them to soon be over
For if not I will just tiptoe away
Like it or not
I'm late.

(c) J. Binford-Bell

I went looking in my computer files for a specific poem to re-post but did not find it. Then began thumbing through my journal to see it it was there and never posted. Couldn't find it. Maybe I dreamed up writing it. But I found this one which also does not seem to be on my computer. I haven't a clue. But this one (with some tweaking) seems to describe my life of late.

Shorelife 

Never On Sunday 

Intelliblog

Do you have a poem to share with us? Leave us the link to your blog page.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem...describes my 2009--I was on a rollercoaster and couldn't get off. Am hoping 2010 will be greatly different!

    Hang in there gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No such thing as a coincidence and no such thing as an accident.
    You were meant to post this today. I know it describes your life right now but soon, very soon you will go back to the creativity that calls with peace of mind. These old bones are telling me so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow beautiful colors, again. nice poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poem, Jacqui. thank you for posting. We seem to have been vibrating on the same frequency these past couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.