Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Best of Flowers - 2017 Daily posts

Back of Monk Thistle

I joined the Angel Fire Garden Club at the end of summer this year. I think my sister thought I had lost it. But I figured if I was spending so much time photographing flowers I ought to support them on at least a local level. I had always shunned them in the past, the club and perhaps the flower, because I hated manicured gardens and rather looked down of artist who painted flowers. And I raise things I can eat and spend my time with supporting those.

I have euphoria in my studio and hollyhocks and oriental poppies outside because they just do their thing. But this was a wet summer and I had a deck to decorate with beds around it. And for some reason, beyond explanation I developed a focus on photographing flowers. And especially thistles.

Phalaenopsis Orchid

California Poppy

Green Stemmed Paper Wildflowers on the path

Hollyhock bud

Pansy

Australian Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.