Monday, March 22, 2021

Paintings Returned to the Studio

Lonely Cloud
30 x 18 Watercolor on artists canvas
$1350

 For those of you which have followed this developing drama of the lost painting I am happy to report it has been found. And the mystery solved. Just before the shut down last year a visitor had called about buying this painting. Evidently at that time the facilities manager then (there was a whole series of temporary ones) had taken it down and put in a safe place for her to come back and buy it. Covid-19 interrupted a lot of things.

Window to the Past
20 x 19 Mixed Media on artists canvas
$720

And normal routines were no longer normal. I had photographic giclee prints on canvas locked away at two businesses which were shut down, paintings at the library which was also closed, and at the airport which wasn't. But I was one of those told to stay home and stay safe. I ventured out only to get groceries or to pick up mail. I lost track of what art was where.


Home on the Fat Grass
20 x 30 Mixed Media on Canvas
$1500

And with our governor deciding art was non-essential I had doubts about moving forward with the studio and arts at all. So did it matter if the inventory was up to date or correct.


Over the Edge
20 x 30 Watercolor on canvas
$975


On the Edge
30 x 18 Watercolor on Artists Canvas
$1350

For a few years I had been called back to my on the edge series of impending doom. Premonition of the pandemic? Or just my dark side coming out?


Purple Sage
19 x 36 Mixed Media on Artists Canvas
$1600

 Who knows but for some reason it was those paintings which were missed on my airport records. Those which I thought were boxed up in storage in the box room until I went there to search for Lonely Cloud and found all the boxes empty. Now they are all home and hung on the walls of the studio or my living room or designated to be hung in the new VRBO guest house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.