Sunday, March 24, 2013

Doppelganger

Not to be Reproduced, 1937 by the Belgian surrealist René Magritte

Doppelganger

The constant
itch
a sense of being watched
followed.

Spinning
around
a shadow moving
away.

Footsteps
echoed
in the empty halls of marble
where he stood.

Approaching the mirror
expecting to see his own image
and the tireless stalker
 he saw his back
retreating
into the infinite
depth
beyond.

J. Binford-Bell
March 2013


A tip of the hat to Tess Kincaid for this visual prompt
for more interpretations by very talented people see The Mag

13 comments:

  1. You captured the mood of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eerie...I may need to look behind me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An intruiging response to this weird picture. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very creepy take on a weird picture..x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Observant and very insightful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doppelgänger, they say we all have one. Enjoyed your fascinating and mysterious take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good opening and closing...enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for teaching me a new word - doppelgänger! I'll be sure to keep my eyes open all around me now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you went the doppelganger route .. very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely- these are the words that pull me in to read a book of mystery and suspense at every turn.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.