Sunday, April 29, 2018

Week 17 - 2018 in Photographs

Day 113 - X marks the spot

X marks the spot and that spot was close to home. I did get down to Santa Fe to buy stretcher bars I missed ordering for the stretching of canvas prints for the Trinidad Photography Gallery exhibit in May. But I didn't bring the camera along. Next week it gets to go with to Trinidad. Love photographing Trinidad. 

Day 114 - Homesteading Geese

But the camera went along on my other errands. The geese were setting up house keeping in local ponds I passed. BTW while they may be called Canadian geese because that is where they breed, according to sites which should know, they also breed in the mountains of New Mexico. So are these New Mexican Geese?

Point of truth on Day 115. I was lucky to have on the big zoom (only to 300), and because of training in my youth to lead the dove with the shotgun. I was able to capture this photo. But I also quickly snapped about ten.


Day 115 - flyby of intruder

Day 116 - Standing Tall Together

More trees. I am putting the digital files of Day 116 into the folder for the next round of prints. It missed the deadline for this show.


Day 117 - the crowd on the shore

While in Santa Fe I picked up a vintage mirror for the studio. The studio is becoming a bit of a cabinet of curiosities. That is good with the upcoming Angel Fire Studio Tour, September 29th and 30th. Check the linked site for updates coming soon.

Day 118 - Selfie of the artist in new mirror

Once photographs were all printed and prepared and boxed for transport I turned a weather eye to the horizon as I prepared the raised beds for planting.

Day 119 - First rain clouds; practice run

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.