Sunday, May 20, 2018

Week 20 - 2018 in Photographs

Day 133
 I am going to do this week a bit different than most. I am going to post both the color and black and white versions of some of the photos. Some will have already been posted last week but I want you to be able to see them together here. I often have problems of which to decide to feature in a blog or on my studio page. As a painter I love color. But as a photographer I am daily more drawn to black and white.


Day 130

Day 134

Day 135

Day 132

The Volkswagen photos were all taken on the same day naturally. But this last week I also went on a trek through the canyon to Ocate. The following pictures, two with their black and white versions, were taken on that adventure.

Day 136

Day 136 in Black and White

Day 137

Day 137 in Black and White

Day 138

Day 138 is an end of roll photograph to be honest. In the film days you could often get 37 or 38 photos on a roll of 36. And when you still had not come to the end of a roll I sometimes snapped one or two quick photos so I could complete the roll and take it for processing. Sometimes it was a good photo and sometimes it wasn't. 

Photographic treks were once limited by the rolls of film you had with you. Then in the early digital days by the size of your memory card(s). The latter keep getting bigger and bigger. Trips to places with few sources for supplies have taught me to carry extra cards along (I had one fail on me). And my current camera even holds two scan discs.  

Sometimes my biggest limitation is my own focus. Taking photographs can be mentally and physically intensive. After taking photo 138 I was ready to get to La Cuerva and the nursery to buy plants for my garden. But then there was this Pronghorn posing for me.


Day 139

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.