Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Poetic Journey for Wednesday


Canyon March to the Moon

Just got today's daily poem and it deals with the full moon. I have two calendars that mark the phases of the moon. One says today is the full Beaver moon and the other says yesterday was the Mourning Moon. I am not all that sure it matters. There is per astrological belief three days of influence around a full moon. And this lovey poem by Thoreau to celebrate it.

The Moon

Time wears her not; she doth his chariot guide;
Mortality below her orb is placed.
--Raleigh


The full-orbed moon with unchanged ray
Mounts up the eastern sky,
Not doomed to these short nights for aye,
But shining steadily.

She does not wane, but my fortune,
Which her rays do not bless,
My wayward path declineth soon,
But she shines not the less.

And if she faintly glimmers here,
And paled is her light,
Yet alway in her proper sphere
She's mistress of the night.

Henry David Thoreau

 
 Bekkieann at My So-Called Life

NicholasV on Intelliblog

Our friend Heatherbelle on Never on Sunday 



Do you have a poem to share with us this week? Leave a comment or send me your url at Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. The full moon was stunning when I awoke this morning. Stunning bright outside. This poem works so well right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How the moon inspires poets! There is something magical and mystical about the silvery light of a full moon in a dark indigo sky.
    I envy you, Jacqui for being able to admire the beauty fo the night sky away form teh terrible light pollution we have to contend with here in our big cities...
    Lovely choice of poem.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.