Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Awakening

Fall's Leaves in Winter's Ice
Awakening

Pull myself from under 
Winter's covers
Seek my slippers
My warm joggers
Feed the fur kids
Start the coffee
Boot the computer
Check the woodstove
For still hot coals.

Toss in a log or two
Carefully saved from the evening's fire
Pour myself a hot mug of coffee
And settle in at my computer chair
Pulling my afghan around my legs
Good morning etherworld
Still hours before my dawn
And the studio warms
Today I paint
But now I awake.

Slowly the morning unfolds
The night melting
Like the thin new winter's ice on the pond
The new logs catch
I sip the second cup of coffee
Fur kids arrayed around my feet
In the circle of warmth from the fire
We all await the coming of the sun
A new winter morning.

J. Binford-Bell 2010

1 comment:

  1. Dear poetess,
    I am tickled to read your work here..

    Glad to meet you.
    keep writing,
    Keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.