Sunday, January 7, 2018

Week One - 2018 in Photographs

Day one

The New Year is all about color. Snow finally arrived in a limited amount this morning but the first week of 2018 it looked more like fall than winter.

Day Two

But we finally got some freezing nights and in combination with the days it resulted in some wild ice patterns on small local ponds. And you cannot fault the dawns.


Day Three

But when dawn fails me for color I have gone to the greenhouse for inspiration.

Day Four

Day Five

And even a sunset. My studio faces toward the east and I have to actually go outside to catch a sunset. Below is the faithful Sentinel tree with the setting sun to the right and out of the photo casting color on the clouds behind the trees.

Day Six

And one of my new year intentions is to communicate more via paper. I bought some blank kraft paper note cards to paint or draw on. And even paste a photograph on. So I find myself looking to capture some still life images which would be great in this role. The cards will be signed and sent in response to those who write me via snail mail. I have this pile of communications I need to catch up on. Writing by way of pen and paper seems to be coming back. Maybe I should buy a fountain pen.

Day Seven

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.