Sunday, January 21, 2018

Week Three - 2018 in Photographs

Day 15

It has been a gray winter. The snow we have gotten has been an inch or two at a time and then soon gone. It has never been enough to cover (or water) the grass. It is so dry the ground is cracking. When we get just dusting of snow I go out hopefully with my camera seeking something memorable to record. Processing in black and white is one way to make it look less like fall.

Day 16
 Snow would cover the backyard junk yards. But there is something sculptural about a dusting of snow. I take detail photos basically to use as reference for paintings and drawings. I particularly like the way the photo of Ponderosa Pine needles with snow looks. I will probably use it for my note cards.

Day 17

Day 18
The tree on the hill across the road

Day 19
A bird in the tree across the road

Day 20
What it looks like after the snow melts

And I am particularly fond of the neighbor's repurposing of an old snow tire as a marker for his drive way and a perch for a Blue Bird house. When I begin to get bored with the landscapes I find interesting details to focus on.

Day 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.