Sunday, June 24, 2018

Week 25 - 2018 in Photographs

Day 168

Confession: I wanted to be an architect in the worst way. But when I was in college women did not get admitted to engineering courses or the school of architecture. I challenged their decision with the assistance of a friend in the testing division of University of New Mexico. I aced all the qualifying tests but still no. They cited that there was no women's restroom in the Engineering building where architecture courses were held.

I argued that the art school which did have women's restrooms was 50 feet away. I took my desire to design buildings to the drama department where I designed and built stage sets. And now when I go to an architecturally rich town I focus my camera on buildings and architectural elements.

Next lifetime I am designing castles in space.


Day 169

I love most the older buildings. Those which are no longer built.  When art played a part in the designing of buildings and not just engineering. And I love the bones of a building. With stone and brick those are a part of the design. One of the pluses of the railroads and mines bringing in immigrants from Italy and Spain is that some of them had awesome skills with brick laying and stone carving. It was definitely a way to stay out of the mines.


Day 170
 
Day 172

Day 173

Day 174

Day 171

1 comment:

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.