Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Night

Night, you gentle seducer
What comforts do you offer me
But dream made long ago
And those which may never be.

For those I leave this fragile reality
To wander with the moon gods
Across clouds of wonder
To a world I make for dawn to destroy.

Kiss and dreams and snowflakes of happiness
Scattered about my life
Like so much glitter from an old valentine
For such is the substance of moonbeams
And yet I take this luminescent hand to my night's bed.

To kiss and dream while snowflakes fall
Like winters ago in his golden head
To yet embrace this fragile happiness
And awake with glitter in my arms.

Oh night, seduce me again
Lead me from this tarnished day to the playground of moon gods
And let me play as a child again
But let not the dawn take me home
To clean the glitter from the floor.

(c) Jacqui Binford-Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.