Sunday, July 19, 2009

3 T's Trail Opens


It has been a long time coming but anything worth doing often takes more time and trouble than we want. Especially when dealing with government agencies. I don't remember exactly how long ago it was I attended a breakfast with the director of New Mexico Arts Council and listened to her rave about the Blue Ridge Art Trail. She was feeling out various local arts councils about their feelings.

At the time my now studio was going to be a greenhouse and sun porch. But I listened intently to the guidelines she said had been employed back east and the success it was experiencing and modified my plans to include the required separate entrance, etc. I enlarged the original plans to allow space to give lessons and host receptions as well as be a base for doing my art.

My studio is done. Eighteen galleries and studios have applied and been accepted with more clamoring to be considered next spring. The Website (www.nenmarts.org) for 3T's Trail is open. My page is http://www.nenmarts.org/binford-bell-studio.html. The brochures are printed and being distributed in four states plus all New Mexico tourist sites. I have my studio sign up and am today painting an open/shut sign to hang on the gate. And I have my first student coming tomorrow.

I am excited. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Especially when you consider how much of an 'adventure' it has been for you to get the studio finished. I have more or less retired from the Arts Industry here in Oz so I admire anyone else who has the stamina and far sighted motivation to stick to a plan. Hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqui, that sounds wonderful. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, you deserve this. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.