Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Colors in the Canyon Walls

People always ask where I get my colors and ideas for my paintings. My recent trip to the Moab area of the Colorado Plateau has reminded me of the answer. The patterns, colors and images are just everywhere. These are just a few from the Lavender Canyon backroad trail in the Needles District of Canyonlands.

A priest with hands uplifted addressing the multitude.

Kissing baby bird arch

Yeh ba Che dancers on a cliff face

I haven't a clue but I love it.

It is hard to believe that just wind and water and the chemicals in the rocks created this.

Or painted the stripes on this wall
Or this one

Or carved this arch and did the op art design on the walls.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning work of mother nature, her own canvas mother earth. Awesome photos Jacqs and I love your eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your trip, Jacqui!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.