Sunday, September 30, 2012

Arches and Shadows

Enigma of the Hour by Giorgio de Chirico

Giorgio de Chirico was a Greek-born Italian artist. In the years before World War I he founded the scuola metafisica Art movement, which profoundly influenced the surrealists. After 1919 he became interested in traditional painting techniques, and worked in a neoclassical or neo-Baroque style, while frequently revisiting the metaphysical themes of his earlier work. See Wiki

I formally met Chirico in an art history class at University of New Mexico. His work made a huge impact on my doodles in my note books. And now I have to acknowledge his impact on my photography. So the following photographs are dedicated to Giorgio.

Arches by J. Binford-Bell

Openings to the Sky by J. Binford-Bell


Tower to the gods by J. Binford-Bell


Mesitas Mission by J. Binford-Bell

This is a wonderful old mission just north of the New Mexico border in Colorado. I like to think Chirico would have been in his element.


Arch to an Arch by J. Binford-Bell



Marks of Time by J. Binford-Bell

1 comment:

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.