Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Week 39 - 365 Day Photography Challenge

Day 267

I began this week with two versions of the same subject. I loved the grace of this orchid and took numerous photos and  tried various things to accent how perfect as it was. It was a white orchid and so lent itself to lots of different tones and lack of tones.


Day 268

We had a September rain of 1 1/2 in a few hours and so the next morning was very foggy. It was a wonderful opportunity to take familiar landscapes in very different circumstances.


Day 269 - foggy morning
 
The orchid below was featured last week in a much more subdued version of itself. Could not resist adding color to it.


Day 270

Speaking of color there is a lot of talk this time of year about the aspens and just what sort of fall it is going to be. I am rather pessimistic because we had too long of a drought period this summer with the monsoons coming too late. Even the leaves, still green, seem to be smaller. And they are not turning the intense bright green which precedes the gold. This stand of aspens did have some of that green. Hoping to take another photo this next week showing gold.

Day 271

But the grasses are beginning to show more yellows and the ponds have reached that mirror like clarity that colder nights seem to bring. Enough to make this photographer happy.


Day 272
 
Day 273

And fog again. Misty autumn mornings are wonderful. One of my favorite times of the year. And what photographer would not love it.

3 comments:

  1. "Creative Journey" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/10/sites-to-see.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are really good with the camera.
    I also love the autumn with the high air and lovely days.
    Nice to come in to your blog!

    Have a really nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed your link from Jerry's site-- what lovely photos and I appreciate the description and your thoughts with each picture. I live in a small, mountain town of Colorado and appreciate nature in all its moods. I love to take photos--try to capture feelings and what my eye and heart see and feel-- but I don't have your talent, so I'll stop by and enjoy vicariously. Thank you for sharing your gifts.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.