Saturday, December 17, 2016

Week 50 - 2016 in photographs

Day 344

All horizontal or landscape format if you will. And appropriate because this week was all landscapes. And week 51 begins with landscapes too. I sadly have not been out taking photos for the last few days. I was inside the studio making a huge mess framing and stretching photos for display.

I also hung paintings at a restaurant in Taos and hopefully today will hang the newly printed photographs at Enchanted Circle Brewing in Angel Fire. The camera gets brought along on these events just to record the work which is hung. At one time that was all my camera was for - as a support for my painting activities. Now sales of photography fills in the lean times between sales of paintings. And it is still a wonderful research tool for skies and horizon lines and lighting.


Day 345

Day 346

Day 347

Day 348

Day 349

In my daily posts the elk are always a favorite. And a definitely learning curve for me. And them. This herd seemed to know me. They did not immediately take to the tree line. Just another benefit of going back to the same spots again and again.

I am always thrilled capturing some of the area wildlife but of late my great joy has been black and whites. Never thought I would say that. In my recent print order there were three black and whites to four color photographs. And I really love aspens without leaves.


Day 350

1 comment:

  1. Breath taking! Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us. I hope you continue after the year ends and week 52 rolls by :)
    Stay warm and Merry Christmas,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.