Saturday, December 31, 2016

Week 52 - Hail and Farewell 2016

Day 358

I thought I had incorrectly numbered the days but today I posted day 366 just as I should have, but this week has nine photos in it. So you get a bonus two. And I had an extra day to think about 2017.

Every year I have done this exercise I wonder if I will do it it again. As with all exercises it isn't as easy as it looks. And I admit to scrambling these last couple of weeks because my head was elsewhere. And I was depressed. It was my sister, former photography trek buddy now in Texas, who reminded me I needed to get out with my camera and take pictures and I would feel better.

Some people take Prosaic. I take pictures. And yesterday without a single photograph to post in the coming new year I went out with my Nikon D7100 and took pictures. The opening posts for 2017 will be awesome so please stay tuned. 

On a recent survey of the photos posted in this weekly blog for 2016 I decided it was a good year artistically for me. And in the next week I will be doing some best of blogs. And the best of this year was the new camera. Yes, I know, I say it is not about the camera but about the photographer. But even sketcher in the park needs a sharp pencil. Now I want a new lens.

And now a word from our sponsor. In this coming year I will be donating 10% of all art sales to the Sierra Club. I have to do what I can to protect my "models" which year after year have been there for me and all citizens of this country as well as visitors.


Day 359

I think my eye this last week was focused on the abstract or unseen. The things we often miss as we walk through our lives. These photographs are what I frequently dismiss while trying for just the right landscape framing or are right beside me as I photo edit on my computer. Yesterday I was back out in my element so tomorrow begins 365 Day Challenge 2017. Check out daily posts on Binford-Bell Studio on Facebook.


Day 360

Day 361

Day 362

Day 363

Day 364

Day 365

Day 366

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.