Sunday, July 15, 2018

Week 28 - 2018 in Photographs

Day 189

A poppy and a Rufus Hummingbird got the color treatment this week. It was, however, a week of rain at last which created great black and white images. Water, like snow, can change simple objects.

Interesting to me is all the images, but the poppy, were taken from the same place on my deck.


Day 190

Day 191

Day 192


My trick with hummingbirds is to sit on my deck with my camera in my lap or in hand balanced on my shoulder until they take me totally for granted. I treat them like athletes and take several shots with one depression of the shutter and cull the ones out of focus on the computer.


Day 193

I like the above image because of the spread tail with the sunlight illuminating it from behind. My sister prefers the image below because it is less conventional. I like the speed blur on the wings of both birds. It shows their activity.

Day 194

And this week there were clouds. Lots of clouds. And I took lots of photographs of clouds. In the days to come there will be more cloud photos.

Day 195

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.