Monday, September 10, 2018

Week 36 - 2018 in Photographs

Day 245
Skeletons of Cottonwoods
 These photographs are still from the brief vacation on the Rio Grande shore. Vacations are to refresh the spirit and I believe this is particularly true for artists. As a photographer being able to focus on different subjects from time to time is important. 

I normally argue that it is my familiarity with a subject which yields the best photographs. Ansel Adams believed that. He went back again and again to favorite subjects. It helps to discover just went the light is the best.

I often feel after a series of photographs of a new area I need to go back; do it again. I feel that way about the Bosque. The light is so different from my mountain home. And during my four days at Tamaya Resort the air was smoke filled from the California fires. That did add to the dawns but it generally flattened the light.

Day 246
Cottonwoods along the trail

Day 247
New Mexico Olives

Day 248
The tangle of the Bosque

Day 249
High Desert Bird of Paradise

Day 250
What was the one "clear" day

Day 251
Dawn at Tamaya

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.