Sunday, September 16, 2018

Week 37 - 2018 in Photographs

Day 252

 My father was in the military for the first part of my life. He was a pilot and at the beginning of SAC or Strategic Air Command. That meant at the time the Dakotas or New Mexico for bases. In the second grade we left the green fields of Missouri to the deserts of Roswell and then the high mesas of Albuquerque. I fell in love at seven and spent all my time wondering the desert, and have stayed connected to that arid landscape all my life.

I get back Albuquerque to visit friends and to shop but how big the city is now overwhelms me. This last vacation my sister and I took time to visit the Coronado Historic Site on the edge of the city now. When I first visited it on a school trip in the 5th grade it seemed way out on the mesa. Now it is this quiet island surrounded by expanding metropolis. It was like returning home. Home in the 1950's. So black and white treatment of the photographs seemed very appropriate.

We spent an extended time on the meandering trails even with occasional spitting rain. 

Day 253

Day 254

Day 255

Day 256

Day 257

Day 258

1 comment:

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.