Sunday, September 23, 2018

Week 38 - 2018 in Photographs

Day 249 - Red Sunflower

I used to consider sunflowers weeds. I grew up in part in Missouri where sunflowers are a weed along every highway or country road. This year is the first where I intentionally planted them. I have had an accidental one grow from the bird seed mix scattered over the winter. And when I asked friends for sunflower seeds which grew well at my altitude I didn't know they came in colors other than yellow.

My sister won awards for her black and white photographs of sunflowers, and the back of sunflowers. They are a fascinating study is geometry. And I immediately fell in love with the red ones. So this week I focused on the sunflowers in my garden in both color and black and white. They are a splashy flower in color, but take away the color and the structure and detail of these flowers are overwhelming in my opinion.



Day 250

Day 251 - The bud of a sunflower ready to open

Day 252 - The more typical photograph of this flower

Day 253

Day 254 - rear view of a blossom with buds around it

Day 255

2 comments:

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.