Saturday, November 3, 2018

Playing Grasshopper

Outside Ute Park

There is the old fable about the ant and the grasshopper. The ant prepared for the approaching winter and the grasshopper fiddled on the glorious fall days. I played grasshopper with my camera as the fall leaves put on a fabulous show luring me away from winter preparations.

Fall colors against the Ute Park burn scar


Last of the Aspen Glory

Just as the aspens were shedding the last of their golden leaves the cottonwoods in the lower altitudes were in all their glory. And having not captured the best of the aspens I did not want to lose out on the cottonwoods. So when I should have been laying in at least a modicum of firewood to stave off the cold before my two cords were delivered I was off south along the Rio Grande with my camera.

On the Rio Grande
 I went down to Embudo Station where I know the trees well. It is part of my fall pilgrimage in search of colors. I had many a great brunch at the old restaurant there. I mourn that it is closed. 

Embudo Station Remnants 

Lazy River on a Glorious Fall Day

Sun streaming through the Cottonwood

Reflections at Countyline landing

Solitary Cottonwood
And then came the ten inches of snow, an eight hour power outage and accepting offers of firewood from friends and neighbors. But I got my pictures. The ant could learn something from the grasshopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.