Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tres Cruces and Three Questions for Art Sunday

Tres Cruces
18 x 40 mixed media triptych on canvas
When I first conceived of this concept of a triptych I did not know all the questions that I would face. And I was not able to foresee some of the obstacles ahead. So far I think I have met them all rather well and have learned a lot. So today when I sat out to photograph the piece I wondered just how. Bigger than my easel. So I began with each piece individually. Each section is suppose to be a painting in its own right and not just part of the whole.

I think they do achieve that. But I would never want to sell them separately. So they must be priced as a group. But are all three pieces signed? Or just one?

Then came the problem of photographing them all together. I had to modify my easel with board and mat board to hold all three pieces on. Or I could join the three separate pictures together in Photoshop. But I don't know how to do that. Obviously it is time to get out the manual.
Or I could just throw myself to the mercy of my artistic and photographic friends and say, "Help!"

3 comments:

  1. So nice to see them separately and together! You succeeded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to have them on one wall individually in a row and all signed. I think they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great separately and together, Jacqui. I have doen a triptych myself and have signed the central (larger) panel but not the other two side panels.
    However, on the side of each painting I have also signed and stipulated: "1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3".
    I stitched my panels together in Photoshop after taking individual pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.