Friday, July 8, 2016

Week 27 - 2016 in Photographs

Day 186

 Except for one photograph this week was about clouds. It was not my intention. It just happened. And actually the Indian Paint Brush at the end of this blog was the first of the week. I put it at the end as a silent statement for hope.

I actually find clouds hopeful. At least New Mexico clouds. They bring the hope for rain. But when I lived in the Midwest clouds were very scary at times because they could foretell great storms. And a gathering of clouds has been used in literature as a symbol of bad things coming.  

"I have looked at clouds from both sides now. From up and down, and still somehow, it's cloud illusions I recall. I really don't know clouds at all. Joni Mitchell

I do know there is a lot of hate, frustration and fear in our world today. That is when I, as an artist escape to my studio to paint or to the land around me to take photographs of the beauty of the land we live in. That is the good side of clouds. I leave you with that this morning.


Day 189

Day 184

Day 185

Day 187

Day 188

Day 183

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics. I love clouds too. They seem to be different as you travel. Unique to where the location is. Clouds remind of the song "Both Sides Now"....

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.