Sunday, October 8, 2017

Week 40 - 2017 in Photographs

Day 273
 Kasha-Katuwe National Monument in New Mexico is southwest of Santa Fe near Cochiti. Kasha-Katuwe means white cliffs in the pueblo language of Keresan. They were created by layers of volcanic rock and ash deposited by a pyroclastic flow from a volcano in the Jemez Volcanic field 6 to 7 million years ago.

My sister and I, both avid photographers, took the slot trail to the top. Not your causal stroll by any means. The view from the top is fantastic but I loved the canyon bottom and the slots and the trees which seem to go to amazing heights to reach the sun. I posted more pictures of this amazing place in a previous post on this blog. But then some of the photographs were of course used in my 365 day challenge.

Day 274

Day 275

Day 276

Day 277

Day 278

Day 279

1 comment:

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.