Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday's Fenomenal Foto


This view of Wheeler Peak and the Sangre de Cristo Mountain range is about three miles from my house, though if you saw the movie Lonesome Dove you think it is Montana. That is the movies for you.

Because I am still getting over the flu, though I think I am on the road to recover, I am not doing a lot of painting at the moment. However, yesterday I did feel good enough to bring the camera along on a pet sitting job. It is spring here in the high country and things are just beginning to really green up. We have not had much rain so the wildflowers are still in short supply. And the mountains, even in this southern exposure, still have some snow on them.

I get my inspiration for paintings from the land I live in and many of my photographs become the basis of compositions. It obviously inspires lots of artists. This view will be seen by those traveling the 3T's Art Trail beginning this summer. We have 17 art studios and galleries that will be participating this year with more applications coming in daily.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful panorama. I'm sure it changes not only by the season, but by the time of day. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.