Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Getting Down to Business

With my first fair of the season rapidly approaching I decided I had to get seriously down to business. I was totally out of church paintings on the diagonal except for the two in Artspace Gallery and since everyone liked the churches in the triptych Tres Cruces I decided to do two diagonals of two of those churches. I think they turned out pretty good in this format.


When time gets short before a show there is always the question about what to spend your precious time doing. I have been experimenting with little cradled panels because they do not have to be framed and ergo can be sold cheaper than framed works on canvas. This one of the Taos Pueblo Church is on an 8 x 10. As is the one below where I was experimenting with different sky techniques.

I have displayed these two before on this blog and had fully intended to paint some other churches on little square panels but in a fit of boredom and inspired by the cactus blooms on my Utah trip I painted flowers instead - cactus flowers.
All of which raised the question of how to spend my remaining days given that a week has to be dedicated to framing the now 10 canvases not framed. I am doing four more cactus flowers - 2-6x6 and 2-8x8. And then I am working on the two 14 x 46 canvases. I got the sketches done for them yesterday and picked up the last set of stretcher bars. Today I begin on them.

All that has to be done by the 12th so I can begin framing. Meanwhile downtime will be devoted to title cards and inventory catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.